You only need one leg to score a goal.
1. 19-year-old Nico Calabria was born with one leg. But he didn’t let what some might consider a disability keep him on the sidelines.
2. From an early age, it was clear that little Nico was both rambunctious and determined.
3. When he was just five years old, Nico ditched his prosthetic leg for forearm crutches
4. And soon he was playing sports alongside (and keeping up with) kids with two legs.
5. Now, at only 19, Nico’s rsum looks like a lot of people’s bucket list- He’s played for the U.S. National Soccer team and hiked to the summit of Mt. Kilimanjaro.
6. I look at disabilities as ‘differences in ability’, Nico told Coca Cola. There’s an important distinction. The definition of ‘disabled’ is basically a long list of synonyms that don’t describe me like ‘crippled’ and ‘weak’.
7. You can read more about Nico’s incredible story in Coca Cola’s profile of the athlete here.